Never had this done professionally, but I usually have a fair amount of patience. I have long lashes, but they are straight. I wanted some curl.
First eye, took me 45-60min. The instructions in the guide were well written, so didn't need to watch any youtube videos. For my second eye, I just did it how I felt it should be done and had it completed in 20-25min. I used the L (large) pads.
1. After you clean your lashes, curl them.
2. I trimmed my lid pads so they would sit flush on my lid (the outer corners kept lifting cuz they are long)
3. Apply glue to the flat side of the lid pad & let that dry for a minute so it gets tacky THEN place it on your lid along lash line.
4. Apply glue to the curved part of the lid pad. Let it dry for a minute before attempting to curl your lashes onto it.
5. Start pressing your lashes onto the now tacky curve of the pad. For this, I started with a qtip, but ultimately ended up pushing with my finger tips. (Only do a small section at a time so they arent bunched up).
6. I used a qtip to apply the perm solution. Like every other perm solution, it stinks. It has to stay for 10-12 min. It said use plastic wrap, but I couldn't get it to stay, so I just kept "brushing" the perm solution qtip (my lashes wanted to lift from the pad)
7. The blue fixing solution went over top of the perm solution also applied with a qtip. My lashes didn't try to lift as much as with the perm solution, but if it did, I brushed again with the qtip. Set for 10-12min.
8. Used the "cleaning tool" comb to try and comb out some of the mixture, then combed some of the yellow oil thru. Lashes released (did not fall out) from the pad.
9. Went over it all with cleanser once I removed the lash pad.
It did what it was supposed to do. Now I'll see how long it lasts and may update later.